StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
No, the bike and the lights are brand new, plus they are awesome! they give off as much light at night than my car. I don't know why you would want to replace it:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I have a set of HID H4 bulbs to install, but haven't done it yet. I like the color temp of the HID better than halogen.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Where are you going to mount the ballist? I'm thinking of HIDs as well.
I have a few things to tuck in there and haven't made any firm decisions yet. On my '07, the ballasts are mounted in each side cowl, tie wrapped to the wiring, etc. The same option looks like it exists for the 2012.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a few things to tuck in there and haven't made any firm decisions yet. On my '07, the ballasts are mounted in each side cowl, tie wrapped to the wiring, etc. The same option looks like it exists for the 2012.
Do you use 35 or 55 watt? And what color temp? I always liked 5000K

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, the bike and the lights are brand new, plus they are awesome! they give off as much light at night than my car. I don't know why you would want to replace it:confused:
Well, maybe I'm old and my eyesight is going but "Awesome" is not a word I would use for these lights. More likely "adequate" and I guess it depends on what car you drive. But I do a lot of driving in the dark on the way to work and my daughters Sonata has more "awesome" lights. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Do you use 35 or 55 watt? And what color temp? I always liked 5000K
A few years ago, all HID bulbs were 35 watts. I suspect that may be different now, but mine are 35 watts. 4300K is daylight, and that's what I have. 5000K is close.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a set of HID H4 bulbs to install, but haven't done it yet. I like the color temp of the HID better than halogen.
I'm sure the HID's will be good.:yesnod:
I'm more thinking along the lines of more conventional replacements like the Silverstars. Just wondering if anyone really noticed any difference.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I'm sure the HID's will be good.:yesnod:
I'm more thinking along the lines of more conventional replacements like the Silverstars. Just wondering if anyone really noticed any difference.
I've used Silverstars too, they were a bit whiter than oem on my '05, but had short life, about 17k miles.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Philips +50's work and are better than stock without breaking the bank.

Forget the +80's/+100's though - they throw the light a long way, but that's at the expense of side coverage - and they don't last.

Pete

·
Registered
240 Posts
Led lights from Twisted Throttle

I have a pair of the older led driving lights from Twisted Throttle. They are...bright!! I am sure the new Denali lights are even better. Check them out.
I do NOT work for Twisted Throttle. I have purchased a lot of stuff fromt them over the years. Very nice to deal with.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have not and most likely will not. When my wife was following me on the Wee the other day, the lights on highbeam were blindingly bright. I am very impressed with the stockers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are the headlights on the 2012 the same as the previous years? I get flashed with my low beams on! I don't believe they are misaligned either, I can tell you they are lightyears :mrgreen: (pun) ahead of the headlights on the 1150GSA I had.

50% percent of my commuting is on 20 miles Moose infested highway at night so I like the lights!

Can the headlights be aimed independently? I like to have one aimed more toward the right side of the road.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Adjust your headlights!

The headlights on my new bike were aimed VERY high!

If you think that your headlights are good now, then adjust them and see what they are really capable of!

Repeat.

ADJUST YOUR HEADLIGHTS!

Beware though, I recall seeing a post that someone mentioned that the tips of the buckets can 'clash'. Seemed like he broke something in the process.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm very happy with the stockers too but I noticed mine seem to be adjusted pretty high also.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
The headlights on my new bike were aimed VERY high!

If you think that your headlights are good now, then adjust them and see what they are really capable of!

Repeat.

ADJUST YOUR HEADLIGHTS!

Beware though, I recall seeing a post that someone mentioned that the tips of the buckets can 'clash'. Seemed like he broke something in the process.
Yep, I did. A sliver of reflector cracked off. And yes, they are very good once adjusted.

Pete

1 - 19 of 19 Posts