StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok this is a puzzler. New tires about 2 weeks ago. Michelin Anakee 3. At 59-65 MPH i can hear a distinct tone or ringing. It sounds like a classroom tone from high school when class is over. It goes away outside of the speed range. It could be tires, but it actually sounds like the noise a good wine glass makes when you rub a wet finger on the rim to make it ring. 7200 miles on the bike. Everything free wheels fine on the stand. Even adjustment on both sides of the axle. Anyone else out there hear this? My first thought is tires, but also thought about wheel bearings or brake rotor? But everything else seems good. Nothing binding, hot or rough when checked after a ride. Does it cold or warm.

Help!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Anakee 3

These tires are famous for the whine that they make going down the road as you describe. It doesn't hurt a thing and nothing
is wrong. I had them on my BMW R1200gs and they are a very fine tire, especially in rain. Do a google search an d you will
get a lot of hits on this subject. Think of it as a reassuring song that everything is ok, as you go down the road>

Man those old Magna s were da bomb!!

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
My TKC 70 front whines at 70km/hr exactly, and at 65 or 75 it stops, rather comical, but I can use it as a way to judge my speed.

I am curious if having the fender raising kit affects this at all? Is it possible the close front fender has a harmonic effect?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The v65 was pretty good

These tires are famous for the whine that they make going down the road as you describe. It doesn't hurt a thing and nothing
is wrong. I had them on my BMW R1200gs and they are a very fine tire, especially in rain. Do a google search an d you will
get a lot of hits on this subject. Think of it as a reassuring song that everything is ok, as you go down the road>

Man those old Magna s were da bomb!!
I liked the v65 for sure. I consider buying and old one on occasion when a nice one pops up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the adv rider forum is full of noise complaints about the Anakee 3. Especially the rear. Tanks for the responses. I like everything else about them except that noise. Earplugs!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts