StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would be the better way to go?
Is it worth trying to get a deal on the oem ones when buying the bike?
Cash is not important to me if aftermarket is definitely the better way to go. I'd just like to know which is better and why.
Thanks! :)

K

·
0 Posts
The Suzuki bags are actually made my Kappa which is made by Givi. Givi has more options and can be had for much less than the Suzuki branded bags. There are other choices as well, such as aluminum panniers made by various sources. If I were looking for plastic side cases, it would be Givi, aluminum panniers, Happy Trails.

K

·
0 Posts
I forgot to mention Krauser and Shad as well. Lower priced than Givi but good quality with a more limited selection.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't forget about all of the aluminum options out there!

There have been a few of us who have adopted the "roll your own" mentality and have used alternatives to the norm.

Anything is possible!

I'm runnng military surplus mermite cans on SW Motech racks with a Pelican 1550 top case right now.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
One advantage of aftermarket bags (some models not all) is the ability to move them to the next bike you buy possibly. That could save you many hundreds of dollars down the road. It's the primary reason I purchased the Givi bags for my Strom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts