StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is my Vee hard to start after sitting for several hours in the hot sun? Any other time I just hit the button and she fires right up, without ever touching the throttle. After sitting in the sun and getting all hot I have to twist the throttle just a little, she starts but acts flooded for a few seconds. After that all is fine until the next time sitting in the sun.

·
$orry $ucka
476 Posts
Don't know why but it happens to me a few times during the summer. I give it a little gas and it will start but idle rough for a few seconds. My guess would be pressure buildup somewhere in the fuel system because of the heat, maybe the tank? Not sure how it all works.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Models with charcoal canister vent the fuel tanks through the canisters and into the throttle bodies. Too much vapor from hot conditions, engine-ambient air-direct sunlight, floods the intakes. Opening the throttle for extra air clears things out in a hurry.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 2011 exhibits the same symptoms. Today the tank was hot to the touch from being in the sun in a parking lot for several hours and it took several seconds of cranking before it would start. It has done this several tinmes before. It should be a non California model which I believe does not have a canister though.

·
38,103 Posts
If it doesn't have a canister, I don't know how the thing would flood but the bottom line is opening the throttle is simple and it usually works. I got my bike in Ohio and it is a California model. Check the sticker or look for the canister under the right side of the seat.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it doesn't have a canister, I don't know how the thing would flood but the bottom line is opening the throttle is simple and it usually works. I got my bike in Ohio and it is a California model. Check the sticker or look for the canister under the right side of the seat.

I just checked and it does indeed have a canister. (Thanks for the picture showing the location greywolf). I did buy it locally in Columbus OH. Now I am wondering if I have a CA model, or did Suzuki perhaps start installing canisters in the 2011's? I know from reading my service manual, which is a 2009 edition, that the US model designation is E-03 and the CA model is E-33, but don't know where the information might be listed on the bike that would tell me which one I have. I'm very happy with the bike whatever type it is, but it's just one of those little details that will drive me crazy not knowing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Forgot to mention, if the info is on the emissions sticker it will not help me as I tossed it when I removed all the stickers the first week I had the bike.

·
38,103 Posts
I think all the 2011 Wees are E33s. It may be all the ABS models, even from earlier years, are E33s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts