StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to fit some panniers to my bike but dont like the stock wide panniers. I have been looking at the Kappa 33 litre panniers that look quite skinny and not too wide,has anybody got any experience with them?

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luggage.

Thankyou for the pics i must say they do look impressive are the boxes the same size or is the one on the exhaust side smaller ?

·
Registered
281 Posts
GIVI "Trekkers"........38" wide side to side. One key fits all. You get two keys per pannier lock so lots of extra keys. Durable and very well made. Panniers are 33 liters, top box 52 lliters. Cavernous.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have to admit, the K33N's do look sexy on the White V-Strom!

I notice you're in England too. There's a seller on ebay that does a cracking deal on the Givi Trekker luggage where I got mine for my '12 V-Strom if you have ever considered them. I'd agree with 1VStromNC, they are awesome and are very durable. Perfect for my touring.

Pictures below:

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thankyou for the pics i must say they do look impressive are the boxes the same size or is the one on the exhaust side smaller ?
Bags are the same size. The Givi PLX rack is asymetrical - right side is wider to clear the exhaust.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I think Kappa is owned or affiliated with Givi, they are basically the Givi V35's.
PLX rack, same general shape and size. I'm very happy with mine, had the e21 on my dl1000 these are much sturdier, and roomier.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think Kappa is owned or affiliated with Givi, they are basically the Givi V35's.
PLX rack, same general shape and size. I'm very happy with mine, had the e21 on my dl1000 these are much sturdier
Yes, Givi and Kappa are the same company. The K33s are very similar to the V35s but lose a couple of liters by being a little shallower. Each case is maybe an inch and a half slimmer - making a K33 setup about 3 inches narrower than a V35 one. Downside is no helmet in the panniers.

·
Registered
338 Posts
GIVI "Trekkers"........38" wide side to side. One key fits all. You get two keys per pannier lock so lots of extra keys. Durable and very well made. Panniers are 33 liters, top box 52 lliters. Cavernous.

Hi how do you find the top access on the side cases,is it roomy enough to be able to load/unload the case through that top access? hard to tell from the pics and some youtube videos,I don't know anyone that has them,so if I buy them I'm taking a gamble, currently using E21's which are good but a little small.
also has anyone tried the trekker outback 37 litre? any issues with what size top case you can have with them? in case the lids might come in contact with a big top case like an E55 Maxia? thanks.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I too didn't like the look of the 2 different size cases on with the stock setup. I ended up with Happy Trails SU pannier racks and Pelican 1550 cases (the Pelicans were already mounted to my DR650 with HT SU racks so now I can switch between the two bikes)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts