StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fired up the 2005 Wee for the first time this spring the other day but it took a lot of cranking... eventually it roared to life after I twisted the throttle about half-way but it did not want to idle for a while. After about 5 minutes it settled down and ran great.

I don't remember it being this difficult to start last year... maybe I over-did it with the fogging oil in the fall?

Anyway, the second time I took it out (yesterday) it started and ran great so it's OK now.

Just curious if anyone else had trouble starting for the first ride of the season.

- Martin

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not surprised if it took a bit if you were liberal while fogging the cylinders...slimy spark plugs ..lol.... Where in N. Ont. are you?...I was in Atikokan for awhile :)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Did you use a fuel stabilizer in a full tank of fuel? Did you run stabilized fuel through the engine long enough to make sure all the untreated fuel had passed through the engine before storage?

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you use a fuel stabilizer in a full tank of fuel? Did you run stabilized fuel through the engine long enough to make sure all the untreated fuel had passed through the engine before storage?
Yes, every fall I take it out for a short ride with the prescribed amount of Sta-bil added to the tank before I put it away - Martin

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not surprised if it took a bit if you were liberal while fogging the cylinders...slimy spark plugs ..lol.... Where in N. Ont. are you?...I was in Atikokan for awhile :)
I'm in the Sault. I passed through Atikokan once... don't feel a need to go back. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
one of the joys of riding all "winter"

:thumbup:

glad I am no longer in Ontario..... at times like these...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agreed... sounds pretty normal and not very worrisome if it's started and run fine since.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Yes, every fall I take it out for a short ride with the prescribed amount of Sta-bil added to the tank before I put it away - Martin
Did you use the red stuff or the blue/green marine variety? I found the latter works much better when there is ethanol in the fuel. A long ride is better than a short ride. I had the same situation when riding the mix a few miles but no problems if I ran a full tank of mix through before filling up for the winter.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you use the red stuff or the blue/green marine variety? I found the latter works much better when there is ethanol in the fuel. A long ride is better than a short ride. I had the same situation when riding the mix a few miles but no problems if I ran a full tank of mix through before filling up for the winter.
It was the red Sta-Bil. I use it in everything (the Wee, Honda XR 650L, Grizzly 550 ATV, JD lawn-tractor, walk-behind mower, boat motor, string trimmer, snowblower). I don't recall having a problem with it before.

I don't think there's much, if any, ethanol in our fuel.

- Martin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts