StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be very carefull of prices at this company. I found a wheel balancing tool, on line, for one price and when I got to the store, it was ten dollars higher. I showed them the online listing and they didn't offer any comment. The price in the store is what it is. I'm supposed to be a prefered customer, but that meant nothing. Called customer sevice and basically they said Oh Well.
A very shady place to buy anything. Buyer be where.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
The supercoupons that appear in magazines have much lower prices than the sale price in the flier or the store price.

And they're insane: like a 17 LED worklight, with batteries, for $3. A work table with four locking drawers for $99. Etc.

You can order online and pickup at a store, so I've had friends order stuff from the parking lot.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Our local Harbor Freight has always matched the prices for me when I took the price sheet in to them (so far). Never has been a problem but part of the deal is that they want the add that I show them so sometimes I loose a page out of one of my magazines <shrug>. Sounds like you might have a crappy manager at your Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I have seen online only prices from there maybe this was the case.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I showed them the online price and it didn't matter. If I go to Lowes or Home depot, they honor the add, with no question. You're right, it's probably the manager. I paid 29 dollars and change for a preferred customer status and I still don't know what that means. There are too many other places that appriciate your busseness, to have to put up with this store. I went to the store inventory to find out if they had it and the price. It should of been honored.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I love and hate Harbor Freight.

I hate them because they use what amounts to slave labor, unfair import/export rules, and total disregard for the environment to produce tools at an absurdly low price, thus driving US and other quality manufacturers to the brink of extinction.

I love them because they produce and sell tools for an absurdly low price, and usually their stuff is good enough for home use.

One example of how China is treating their own citizens:

Foxconn's troubles expose China's woes - John Dvorak's Second Opinion - MarketWatch

·
Registered
199 Posts
Be very carefull of prices at this company. I found a wheel balancing tool, on line, for one price and when I got to the store, it was ten dollars higher. I showed them the online listing and they didn't offer any comment. The price in the store is what it is. I'm supposed to be a prefered customer, but that meant nothing. Called customer sevice and basically they said Oh Well.
A very shady place to buy anything. Buyer be where.
A Harbor Freight preferred customer? Now that's scary. :biggrinjester:

Ron :mrgreen:

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I love and hate Harbor Freight.

I hate them because they use what amounts to slave labor, unfair import/export rules, and total disregard for the environment to produce tools at an absurdly low price, thus driving US and other quality manufacturers to the brink of extinction.

I love them because they produce and sell tools for an absurdly low price, and usually their stuff is good enough for home use.

One example of how China is treating their own citizens:

Foxconn's troubles expose China's woes - John Dvorak's Second Opinion - MarketWatch
I've started picking up a few of my occasional-use items from there (small air compressor and a mini grinder the past couple of weeks). Couldn't help but notice how the products often have such American names - Chicago this, Pittsburgh that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If I go to Lowes or Home depot, they honor the add, with no question. You're right, it's probably the manager.
Like you say, it is the store manage.
I tried to get the local Home Depot to match the price they had online and they would not. It was in stock at the store, I checked before I ask them to match. So I ordered it online and had it shipped to the store for free freight. It took 3 days extra, but they didn't sell the store stock for the online price.
So it may not be the company that is not customer friendly, it may be the store manager.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts