StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hap's Honda dealership celebrates its 61st anniversary today. This store has been selling Honda motorcycles, and several other brands, since 1948. I attended the festivities, and saw all sorts of old and new machinery, being ridden by all sorts of old and new riders.

I chatted with Hap himself, who is quite a venerable gentleman, and still riding a custom Gold Wing trike. He was pushing a motorless trike (aka three-wheeled walker) and heading for the exhibits of vintage bikes when I met him. Perhaps I will report what Hap and I discussed, but not now.

There was one Vee-Strom present, a lovely silver DL1000 2006, apparently stock. The rider is a tall gent from Cape Haze in Charlotte County. He says he has not participated in this forum, so I suggested he visit the site and consider participating. Lucky fellow says he bought the bike, with 800 miles on the odometer, for about five grand. Sounds like a bargain to me!

Tomorrow (10/25) a poker run starts from Hap's at about 10:00 AM, with registration commencing at 9:30. $15 is a fair price for a poker deal, a ride in the sunshine, and a rendezvous at a watering hole in Ellenton.

Keith

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lots of history coming out of Hap's in Sarasota for sure. Love to make the poker run on Sunday but car club event has me going a different direction. If you want to ride sometime....shoot me a PM....maybe we can line something up. Just got back from Barber Motorsports Park ....fantastic museum..great vintage racing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts