StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Sargent seat over a year ago. Liked the fit, but always felt it was a bit soft. Also little low compared to the 1000 seat I had been using. On 400+ mile days I still needed an air cushion to help out. So a couple weeks back I talked to a local upholster and he said no problem(He also had just softened up a Corbin for someone that thought it was to hard.). On Sunday I did a 300 mile day with some of the locals and Wow, big difference. Now it's the seat I hoped it would be when I first got it. Cost $50. If the Sargent didn't meet your expectations you might try this route(small cost compared to the $300+ most spent in the first place).

In the photo you can see some slight bulging from the extra foam.

·
Registered
311 Posts
nvr2old, what foam did he use? Did he cut out and replace the Sargent foam or just go over it?

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Sargent seat

Liked the additional width but wasn't particularly impressed with the sargent initially. After 500 miles or so it is broken in and working out fine. Happy with the purchase.:cool:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought a used Sargent Modular Seat on this site. It was advertised as a lowered Vee seat. I put it on my 06 Wee and love it. At first, I thought it would too firm as it feels like there is no padding in it but I guess because it is shaped right, it is very comfortable. It does seat you farther back than the stock Wee seat but not enough to bother me.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I purchased my Vee with the dual heated Sargent seat & we love it. My daughter has her own control lever to adjust her seat & it works wonderfully. I find the seat very comfortable & am happy with it.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I sold my Corbin to try a Sargent this year. Anyone want to trade a Corbin for Sargent?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'll trade my Sargent seat for a Corbin. "if the carbin is in good shape. I've had the Sargent seat for 4 days now, and it feels like i'm seating on a ledge. I feel a lot of pressure on the back of my legs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love mine and it has gotten more comfortable after some miles on it.:hurray:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've seen some people complain about the pressure on back of there legs with the Sargent, and others who love them. I know that each person is different, and when it comes to motorcycle seats it's a hit or miss thing, but is there anyone that is over 6' tall that love there Sargent seat?

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've seen some people complain about the pressure on back of there legs with the Sargent, and others who love them. I know that each person is different, and when it comes to motorcycle seats it's a hit or miss thing, but is there anyone that is over 6' tall that love there Sargent seat?
I'm 6'1" and my only complaint is that it could be 1/2" taller.

nvr2old, what foam did he use? Did he cut out and replace the Sargent foam or just go over it?

He just went over the top of the old foam. Don't know the type of foam.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sargent sit works!

I have it on my DL1000. Yesterday I put over 7 hours on it from L.A to Big Bear lake. Zero complain. Butt and legs were fine from A to Z. Great buy for a perfect fit.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had a Sargent for a few months. It wasn't deep enough for me, meaning that I didn't think it came down far enough down the back of my legs. The post above that says it's like sitting on a ledge said it perfectly.

Traded it for a Corbin and am very happy. Did a 4,000+ mile ride in a week on the Corbin, including an Ironbutt ride the first day and it worked out fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Weight and height

I am 160 lbs and 6" Ft with regular boots
the Sargent is perfect

·
Registered
29 Posts
First 400 miles I didn't like it. I felt it's not deep and I didn't like how it changed my ridding position. But after 1000 miles I started like it. Yes it's still not deep :) But there no any pressure on my leg compared stock seat. I can ride all day without any pain.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Love mine.

5'10", 180 pounds, 29 inseam.

Awesome.

Tool tube rocks.

:var_29:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't have the full seat, but am happy with the stealth backrest.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Logged many miles on mine this summer; solo & 2-up. The seat's great.
It allows me to flat-foot the ground for stability when stopped. I'm 5'11"" 190pds with short 29" legs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts