Strom Trooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you all know, I recently purchased a boatload of farkels from Happy Trails:
Crash bars
Center stand
Highway pegs
Panniers and racks
Sumpguard

All the stuff fit PERFECT ...no problems.
Looks to be real well made, nice welds.
Very fast shipping!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all installed, will upload pics shortly

OK, you got me .. will upload shortly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree that Happy Trails is a good outfit. I've got their Teton panniers on my 2011 and am headed back to Boise in a couple weeks to get a center stand. Dragging a buddy of mine down with his KLR to get panniers and crash bars installed on his bike. I'm a loyal customer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
photos of Happy Trails farkles on my Wee

Only piece I did not put on yet is the sump guard - not really liking that I have to remove it to change the oil.

Not visible is a HT centerstand. Everything went on pretty easy.
One bolt on the centerstand was a bit challenging.

The National Cycle v-stream windshield works well, no buffetting at any speed yet, but it does touch my mirrors when handlebars at full lock.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,728 Posts
Nice set up, looks a bit like mine.....except I have 2 exhausts :yesnod:

·
Registered
362 Posts
size question

Only piece I did not put on yet is the sump guard - not really liking that I have to remove it to change the oil.
Everything went on pretty easy.
Thanks for the pics
What size are those panniers zeon? They look like the 9"
I'm tossing up between the 7.5 and the 9"
thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pannier size

You are correct, they are the 9" model ....

·
Super Moderator
16,728 Posts
So how wide does that make your rear end? Not calling you fat or anything, just curious...

I'm considering some HT bags but I'm concerned with the total width
The 9" is perfect IMHO, so glad I don't have the 7.5.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Not visible is a HT centerstand. Everything went on pretty easy.
One bolt on the centerstand was a bit challenging.

The National Cycle v-stream windshield works well, no buffetting at any speed yet, but it does touch my mirrors when handlebars at full lock.
Tell me more about the windshield. How much taller than stock? Are you looking through it or still able to see over the top?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Super Moderator
16,728 Posts
I honestly don't notice mine, I can ride just as fast with or without them.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Drag

Same here, but moving it around in the shed seems different ... I only weigh 150 lbs.:yikes:

·
Super Moderator
16,728 Posts
Same here, but moving it around in the shed seems different ... I only weigh 150 lbs.:yikes:
Well they sure do take up some room while mounted in the garage, that I must admit. :yikes:

·
Adventure Traveler
293 Posts
+1 on Happy Trails...

I have their Teton pannier systems on both of my Stroms (in both 31L & 38L sizes) & their 58L topbox on my 2012 ADV. I use the 7.5" (31L) panniers for my daily commute & the 9.0" (38L) panniers when traveling distance, when I'm in "Winnebago Mode."

HT racks & panniers are very well made & very stout. They are compatible to Jesse & Micatech in build quality but cost significantly less.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts