StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took a couple of months to get it since they had to do some modifications during the first manufacturing run of the centerstand. Not a problem - I would rather it be right than fast and it WAS the initial manufacturing run of the stand.

Anyway, went right on - took about 30 minutes at most. The top bolt on the right hand side was a bit awkward to get to. That was just due to location. I also put the wrong spacers on the wrong side first - may help to READ the instructions first. :confused::mrgreen::confused:

Well, it went on easy and seems to be well built. First two times up on the stand were a bit of a back strainer. That was until I got use to the way to get it up and perhaps the springs loosened up a tad. Easy up now if you do it right.

A couple of pictures of the stand. Happy with it and the price was right.

(left side - up)

(Right side up)

Stand down.....Yeah, I know, I keep a messy garage.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Be aware of the following from the instructions at http://www.happy-trail.com/Instructions/HTP7-5-16.pdf

IMPORTANT:
This stand is designed to be a work stand.
It is not a ride off stand. It is designed to
carry the load of the bike and luggage
only. Do not sit on the bike with it on
the center stand. The side stand MUST
be deployed to extend or retract the center stand.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems to be well enough built. It will fit my needs, I think. The only reason I installed the centerstand was as a work stand - chain maintenance and tire removal, etc. Just putting the bike up to park it, I always use the side stand.

Just serviced my chain and man, does it make it a LOT easier.:thumbup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Greywolf for all your help and advise - you have been a huge help to me on projects reading your posts.

Also, would like to thank Black Lab. He had posted that he used Chain Saw Bar Oil to lube his chain (I think). I had been using Suzuki Lub with Moly and just put Bar Oil on and it seems to be much cleaner and less "sticky" to attract dirt and crap. Thanks brother - seems to work well.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

And on the centerstand, it sure made a huge difference not having to lube, roll, lube, roll the bike....etc.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Seems to be well enough built. It will fit my needs, I think. The only reason I installed the centerstand was as a work stand - chain maintenance and tire removal, etc. Just putting the bike up to park it, I always use the side stand.

Just serviced my chain and man, does it make it a LOT easier.:thumbup:
Same here, I love a center stand, but thought do I really need one, Oh Yea, try to clean and lube the chain without one, ordered mine from Murph's on Sunday, should be here anyday, he's real quick, bought a lot of Concours stuff off of him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts