StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a Happy Trails centerstand today and it's everything people say it is; a bear to install. Took about 1.5 hours due to the upper right bolt(behind the exhaust) and having to do some "field modifications" to the spacers. But all in all it's a well built stand and the price is right so I'm glad I got it. Just gotta hold your mouth right putting it on. :wink2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there

Do you have any sort of skid plate on your bike? Mine has an Enduro Guardian skid plate and I'm just wondering if they would try to occupy the same real estate.

Also have raising links for the rear suspension. Would the centerstand still have enough reach?

TIA
Tim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the Enduro but I imagine it will fit. I called HT before ordering and asked about a Givi and Weld86 and they said those would work. Give em a call.

·
Registered
14,497 Posts
So, how easy is it to deploy? Can you do it in water shoes of some other light footwear? Have you stuck a camping load on the back and tried it like that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't used it loaded with gear but, with the just the bike, it deploys very easily. There's a big "bar" on the left side of the stand that you step on and then roll the bike back with a little upward pressure. The bike pretty much pops up. I jut put it on a few days ago therefore haven't used it much but so far I like it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the Happy Trails center stand. I've had it for a little over a year of easy use, no problems with it. Fits fine with Weld86 skid plate. I can deploy it with flip flops but it's not real comfortable to do.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've had the HT stand for 6 years. Granted I only ride for a 5-6 month riding season and I only use it for maintenance, but it has held up well. I don't wear flip flops so I can't speak to that, but it is as easy to deploy as any other center stand on any other bike I've owned. I'm pretty sure it has a narrower stance than an OEM stand which to me makes it feel just a bit tippy. I just make sure both legs are square to the ground when using it.

Sp56

1 - 7 of 7 Posts