StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Happy Trails Center stand is compatible with the Touratech skid plate. I have the skid plate installed on my 2014 Wee and I have the Happy Trails stand on the bench waiting to install. I can see where the left side of the stand attaches but, for the life of me, I can't find the right side attachment points. A clear photo would be most helpful. :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Does anyone know if the Happy Trails Center stand is compatible with the Touratech skid plate. I have the skid plate installed on my 2014 Wee and I have the Happy Trails stand on the bench waiting to install. I can see where the left side of the stand attaches but, for the life of me, I can't find the right side attachment points. A clear photo would be most helpful. :confused:

I take it you've seen the instructions/photos from the happy trails site and they don't help?

http://www.happy-trail.com/Instructions/HTP7-5-16.pdf

can't help with compatibility as I have the tourtech plate with sw motech stand. I am very happy with the tourtech plate. protection without weighing a ton/looks factory.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Make sure to get the recommended ball head allen wrench before you start. I actually struggled for 2 hours and managed to bolt it to the wrong holes. When i used the right holes it took 20 minutes. If it looks low and wrong , it is.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Make sure to get the recommended ball head allen wrench before you start. I actually struggled for 2 hours and managed to bolt it to the wrong holes. When i used the right holes it took 20 minutes. If it looks low and wrong , it is.
I had a similar allen bolt on my motech stand. It was hard to reach with the tools I had and I ended up substituting a hex head bolt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Latest News. Yes the Happy Trails center stand IS compatible with the Touratech bash plate AND I located the right side mounting holes. I got my center stand installed today in about an hour. Only problem I had was that I managed to cross thread the 8MM bolt on the right side. That would be the "horrible bolt" because of the contortions one must go through to get it snug. Fortunately I had an 8MM tap on hand and was able to clean up the threads. I used a piece of 2X4 lumber wedged between the stand and the rear tire to get the holes in better alignment and viola, there it is! Threaded in and tightened up. I used a ball tip socket on a 7" extension with a universal joint between the socket and the extension. Threading the whole thing between the exhaust and the brake rod got me in near perfect alignment. The ball tip and the universal took care of the difference. Works perfect. I love it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hijack. I assume the SW center stand worked with the Tourtech skid plate.

can't help with compatibility as I have the tourtech plate with sw motech stand. I am very happy with the tourtech plate. protection without weighing a ton/looks factory.[/QUOTE]

Subject says it all.

Thanks,

Ben.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts