StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the pictures of panniers installed on DL650's (both at HT's site and here) show the panniers obscuring side visibility of the turn signal. When you're changing lanes it's less important that the car directly behind you see the signal and more important that the car behind and to the side see them right??

I know I can order the pannier's non pre-mounted (which may be the solution), or maybe supplement the panniers with a Givi topcase with integrated turn signals, but I'm hoping for an easier solution.

Any ideas? Or am I worried about a non-issue here?

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
There is a company (I'll have to dig up the name at home?) that sells LED (I believe) circular lights the same size as our round reflectors on the vstrom........both red and amber. One could replace the stock reflectors with these lights and have Turn Signal lights facing the right and left sides of the bike. The rear reflector bracket (same as the License Plate Bracket) where the stock reflectors are positioned could be bent 45 degrees and have the new light facing out the "corner" of the bike?? They are not cheap.......$45 for a pair, but I'm thinking of doing this. I rarely ride at night so the reflectors are basically doing nothing for me in the daytime hours..........having additional turn signal lights there might help cagers see my signals.........??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx. I have the AdMore mini light bar below the license plate. Anything I attach to the panniers will make them difficult to remove. It's looking like maybe I just need to manually drill the holes so that the signals aren't obscured. I think the Denali's would be out because they'd have to be lowered so much that they may hit the ground during a turn (not sure, but don't want to take the risk).

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I added some LED turn signals (Hyperlites) down by the license plate to increase the visiability of my turn signals. I've been told they are very visable, but obviously I can't see them while riding.

Here's a pic, they are the 8 led ones on top of the license plate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts