StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to thank Keith at Sport Cycles NC, for giving me a great deal and an excellent experience on purchasing my first motorcycle. I have been lurking on the forms for some time now and after passing my motorcycle class I decided to purchase a 2012 V-Strom.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dude, you look just like I looked when I got mine last week. The lady who was doing the paper work with me said, "You just got a bike, you should be excited!"

I was, of course. But buying the thing isn't the exciting part - riding it is. Buying it is the *worst* part. You're spending thousands of dollars on something you might regret later. I was keenly aware of this, which is why I had that same look on my face.

Of course, when I'm on the bike, there's nothing but a shit-eating grin :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
652 Posts
I didn't really have any smiles when I got mine either. The smiles came when I got back into town, unloaded it out of the truck, and rode it. Then I realized what the strom is all about. Smiles came about 10 feet after I pulled out of the lot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats on the bike. I know I got a great deal on my bike at Sport Cycles but that's quite a haul from Alexandria, VA.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Congrats, and best wishes for many happy, safe, miles!

I didn't have that look on my face when I bought my first bike - but it slowly came over me as I started pricing helmets, jackets, boots, rain gear, seats, windscreens, GPS, luggage, and on, and on, and on....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh that’s a happy face after being in a vehicle for 6 plus hour road trip. As my first motorcycle I really enjoyed taking it for a brief spin. Along the first ride I even received a few compliments while riding through the neighborhood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts