StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live just South of Chattanooga, TN. and we ride year round unless it's really cold or if there's snow. Needless to say my feet would get really cold so I devised some wind deflector-foot warmers. Total cost was right at $20.00.

Originally I wanted something I could mount or remove without tools, but I couldn't come up with anything that could take the wind pressure (at 85 mph). So, the next best thing was the one inch, one hole strap on the crash bar. I had to open it up a little to allow for the rubber gasket.

The bottom clamps are the same type, just bent and flattened to fit. I left it open on the top so if the bike goes down it will pop off the foot peg.

The sides of the plastic (?) tub are big enough to cut out the two deflectors. It's close to the exhaust pipe but I'm sure there's no chance of it melting. The material is also flexible enough to bend if there's a crash.

We went riding when it was 40 degrees, and my feet were out of the wind almost completely. I could even feel some nice engine heat. Not hot, but enough to notice the difference. Also, you can still use the highway pegs. It does feel a bit strange because you can feel the shield on the balls of your feet. I haven't tested them in the rain yet but I'm sure they will help keep me dry.

Also, before anyone says anything - I'm going to paint the hardware. I just wanted the pix taken before I did so everything would show up better.

I assume no liability if anyone makes a set and crashes and burns as a result of installing this mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
gotta love the notion of creating stuff to add on to our bikes to make them suit us better.
That to me is what sets adventure bikes apart from "precious" cafe visitor bikes that must remain pristine to keep resale value up; where we fret over a new little scratch on a wheel or stone mark on paintwork.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't remember where the highway pegs came from. I know I did locate them through the forum though. There were two types available and I bought the set with the longer footrests. I hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
That is the enduro guardian footpeg.

Your feet fit OK on the highway bar with it like that? It looks like they would be resting on the air deflector and pointing up.

A nicely done mod, looks pretty cool actually.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 6'4" and sit way back on the seat. With my feet on the highway pegs I can feel the deflector against the bottom of my feet but it's not enough to cause a problem.

·
Premium Member
5,250 Posts
Hippo Feet ?? >:)

Reactions: Bugzy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts