StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with it getting colder out, so are my fingers.
and due to being a college student, my funds are a bti tight...
so, would it be better to get hand guards to stave off the wind or should i opt for grip warmers?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Since you are in Florida, like me you probably don't ride in temps much under 55-60. I won't anyway because I hate being cold and don't want to spend a lot of money on cold weather gear when it's fine riding weather 75% of the time around here. Good insulated gloves and silk liners behind hand guards are acceptable to me in those temps. By the way, the best price I have seen for the guards is http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=19146&cat=0&page=1 or if you want to go with grip heaters http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=19147&cat=0&page=2[url]

I assume you're on a DL650.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aye, i'm on the 650

and thanks for the links!

i was relatively warm riding home saturday night, but my fingers (inside "cold weather" leather gloves) were freezing!

·
Registered
369 Posts
keithrj said:
with it getting colder out, so are my fingers.
and due to being a college student, my funds are a bti tight...
so, would it be better to get hand guards to stave off the wind or should i opt for grip warmers?
In your case I would opt for the the guards. I'm in Maryland and they do a great job of keeping my hands warm.

Wingman

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wingman said:
In your case I would opt for the the guards. I'm in Maryland and they do a great job of keeping my hands warm.
Wingman
ok, cool...that sounds like a good idea then. It rarely gets bellow freezing around here, and for the most part my commute to school is only 15-20 minutes.

i've heard different things about it being attached at the end vs just attached near the mirror, what difference does that make?
and whats a good brand/model of hand guard?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I really liked the protection of an OEMs. They attach at the mirror and handlebar ends. If you go that route, make sure that you DO NOT remove the bar weights bolt all the way out. Just loosen it to the point of being able to pull the weights out. If you remove the bolt, you will have a major headache trying to reinstall it back in. Ask me how I know. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts