StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all have these at home and throw them out when they are empty.

Next time you go to throw one out, wash it out and..........

The smaller bottles are handy for chain oil and general spot lubrication.

If you remove the top from one of the sauce bottles you will also find they fit many 1 litre oil bottles, as well as fitting some of the 5-6 litre containers of oil.

So next time you need to top up your engine oil there is no need to look for a funnel so you don't slop oil down the side of your engine, simply turn the tapered top, stick it in the filler hole and squeeze the oil bottle.

You may need to allow the bottle to suck some air back in and squeeze again but it is easier and cleaner than funnels and oily mess.

On a trip I carry a 1 litre container filled with my favourite oil [originally filled from a 5 litre container because it is cheaper to buy larger quantities].
Although not the best chain lube, the engine oil can be used for this on a ride if needed as well.

Simple, easy, and best of all.......free [well ok, you did pay for the sauce in the first place so not quite free].

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
U LITTLE BOTTLER!!:thumbup:

Just so happens that I just emptied out and washed one of those heinz tomato sauce bottle as pictured and was going to save it to make my own sauce

BUT NOW........:hurray:

wobbly

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Dishwashing soap bottles are great for rad fluid, particularly on the Vee.

The overflow is under the front cowling on the Vee and sorta hard to reach.

The bottles have a valve type cap, so they can be positioned over the reserve bottle before opening the valve. No mess, no fuss, and tastes great!

Less filling too.

:hurray:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Great idea thanks okerstrom :thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great tip Ock, am using this now. I also have a little tip. If like me, you think that your hand grips are to narrow and you want to replace them with something else which is thicker and helps with vibration, try this. Go to the 2 dollar shop and buy one of those thick mouse pads. Then go to Kmart and buy a mountain bike inner tube. Cut the mousepad so it fits around your stock grips and hold it there with a couple of rubber bands. Cut the inner tube to the length you want and work it over the mousepad on your grips. Takes a little bit of pulling and stretching but you end up with a grip that is thicker, has a bit of cushioning, is rainproof, and when the inner tube starts to wear out, you can easily replace it. Total cost was about $5. Works great for me..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts