StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking bars with less inward bend at the grips for a more natural wrist angle.
And I'd like to find something that doesn't require new cables.
Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I'm sure some use of the search function will result in an answer to your question. Just look for something with similar rise and width with the reduced angle.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heavy said:
I'm sure some use of the search function will result in an answer to your question. Just look for something with similar rise and width with the reduced angle.
Maybe I used the wrong words in my search beause that didn't help, hence my question to the forum.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm using Pastrana FMX Protapers which are very "flat" with very little bend back towards the rider. But you'll need adapters to mount them. Do a search on "Protapers" and you'll find a thread with pictures.

A bunch of us have posted here (and on the other big Strom forum) about handlebars, so the info is here if you look for it.

- Mark

K

·
0 Posts
Pro-Taper SE ATV Mid bend bars. Lots of posts about them, I tried a different bend first, but these are perfect. They mount with no modifications to cables, clamps or anything else.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Protapers... ok cool. I'll check those two.

I also found some mention of Speigler bars? Will they give a straighter wrist position?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
pro taper se atv-md has a pull back of 3" (5.9" height) . atv-hi is 3.94" (6.3" height) . pullback is much better than stock and the bar angles up. for comparison the pro taper cr-hi (which may consider one of the best overall dirtbike bends for comfort) pull back is 2.45". so the atv-mid has a more forable and closer to natural bend than the atv-hi. comfort level depends on your arm legnth. you might need an up and back riser (with possiblly longer lines). another option is to use the cr-hi and use the $20 adjustable up adapter: http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=12976&navTitle=Control&webCatId=12&webTypeId=70&stockId=107381&navType=type to find your perfect height. the riser plates could also be used with the genmar (but not the motech) up and back riser to adjust height also. just remeber less pullback equals more forward lean and the protapper are aluminum bars so ore work is needed to get barends/handgaurds to fit. msr and moose make steel bars (poosibly the same mfg) but watch the numbers as the same atv-hi description has different dimension depending on mfg. rocky mountain atv printer catlog has great reference number which i use to reference this. thaey carry protapper and msr steel but no moose.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!

So what I'm starting to gather is that "pullback" is what determines how angled my wrists would be.
So now what I'd like to know, is there a bar/riser combo that will get the bars close to stock in every way except the wrist angle? I'm perfectly fine with their position otherwise. It's just the wrist angle that I want to change.
Possible?

K

·
0 Posts
Here is a reference chart:

http://www.protaper.com/charts/chart-sebars.html

The stockers are 30" wide. 4" tall, and have about 4.5" of pullback. Other manufacturers have charts as well.

The KX Hi bends are pretty close, that's why I bought them initially. I found I needed the extra height of the ATV bars due to the decreased pullback.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about pull back risers?
Maybe that would place the bars in the same front to back position as stock while allowing less pullback/wrist angle?

K

·
0 Posts
They would help a lot, but you just never can tell for sure until you can feel it for yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On a similar topic, does anyone have a Scott's damper that has changed to different bars? The stock bars don't work well for me, but i am not sure what bars will work the Scott's since the crossbar could potentially get in the way.

Could anyone tell me the distance from the top of the bar between the clamps to the bottom of the crossbar on the protaper ATV-mid bars? How about the CR-high?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The ATV Mid might be close, the Scott's is 2.1" from the top of the bar. Thanks for your help with the measurements.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts