StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has all been discussed many times, but I cant seem to find a thread that isnt dead (meaning no pics remain). So here it goes.

Im looking to change the bars on my Wee to an ATV(ish) set. Higher and Wider with a crossbar for bolting stuff too. Looking for a bar that is as direct a fit as possible.

Anyone done this? Anyone care to share there story?

thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just put MSR ATV-HI bars on my 07 650. Went on fine, had to remove the clip holding the brake line and the wires on the left are a bit tight, but only at full lock. I'm still messing with the positioning, but it's better than stock for me. I dremelled off the locating nubs on the cable clamps in the switch housings. I haven't had any trouble with those rotating on the new bars. I'm quite happy, especially since they were on sale at a local shop for $16. :thumbup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put MSR ATV-HI bars on my 07 650. Went on fine, had to remove the clip holding the brake line and the wires on the left are a bit tight, but only at full lock. I'm still messing with the positioning, but it's better than stock for me. I dremelled off the locating nubs on the cable clamps in the switch housings. I haven't had any trouble with those rotating on the new bars. I'm quite happy, especially since they were on sale at a local shop for $16. :thumbup:

I found a few different things on the net.. is this what you bought?

MSR Carbon Steel Handlebar | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

If not, do you have a part number?

Are the bars knurled at mounting points?

thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
usafric, how does the pullback of the Protapers compare with the standard bar?
I need a straighter bar, as I broke my wrist, and have trouble with the standard bars. Not that bad, but could be better:thumbup:

I had Pastrana FMX bars on one of my BMWs, and they were great, but maybe not high enough.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They are a little further back, and quite a bit higher. I'm 5-10 and the reach is just right.
I didn't ride much with standard bars, but these do seem straight across.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Many troopers (including me) have went with the Pro-Taper SE ATV high bars. No modifications needed except to fiddle with the bar-ends and there are numerous fixes for that.

They are straighter and stiffer than the stock licorice whips. I especially like the sllver look to the bars. They also allow you to place your mirrors further out than stock; no problem bumping into the windscreen at full lock.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts