StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new farkle yesterday!!! The stock bars for me were kinda high and very pulled back. At first I was going to order a set of moose cr-hi bars, but was uneasy about not being able to see them in person first. So I went to the store and tried out a few bars and a pair or o'neal( they look the same as moose,msr,etc) carbon steel bars fit the bill. They are just a tad shorter than stock, but with way less pullback. I think they feel great.

I also picked up a set of Cycra composite probends. I liked the look of them better than stock, and they were larger than acerbis rally pros.

I installed them all yesterday and the only mod I made was cutting off the nubs on the switchgear, other than that, they went on fine. They just touch at full lock, but they are composite so they felx a little.

Here are some pics.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I hand a chance to test them out today. They seem much more natural in cornering. My wrists feel better and my arms aren't as contorted as before. I do notice slightly more vibration, but not enough for it to be a problem.

The fun part is when riding at lower speeds ie; in the city or around some tight switchbacks, it puts you in a more aggressive position and makes you feel like you can throw the bike around. I love it!

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
So, is it the CR bend or what? Do you have long, short or normal arms? So we can figure out the body angle question.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the cr bend ( sorry). Im 6ft tall with abnormaly long arms. I also have pretty long legs. I plan on buying raising links soon.

The stock bars kept my arms bent at a pretty bad angle when sitting striaght up. The new bars don't make me lean any more foreward, and I get to keep my arms straighter. I feel as though i have more control over the bike. These were picked up at cyclegear in case anyone wants to try them out.

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
Those hand guards look good, beefy and tough. How much, how was the install, and can the stickers be removed?

BB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were $69.99 The stickers come off easy and the install was easy enough on these bars. Im sure the stock bars have to much sweep. I could have bought acerbis for the same price but I like that the actual guard is larger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts