StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read about (and experienced) handlebar vibration.

My off-season motorcycle-fix is to ride a snowmobile. I saw this product advertized in a snowmobile magazine and immediately thought it may apply to Srommmers too. ==> Bar Buzz Kill

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have or have not personal experience with this?
No personal experience with this. By reading thru the 'reviews', it seems to incorporate elements of BOTH the most widely-suggested anti-vibe suggestions.

*) steel -or- lead shot inside the handlebar.
*) some kind of gel, silicone or caulk inside the handlebar.

I am merely putting this on the table for others to see as they consider how to reduce their handlebar vibe issues.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I've never had vibration issues on any of my three Vstroms -- at least nothing that bothered me.

Rte 630 in New Brunswick is an issue, broke a shock on that road, but the bars were always okay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Handlebar vibration

I experience this same thing on my wee when riding for several hours. So far all I have done is replace the stock grips with some foam ones. Helped a little but not much. I've also seen, but not tried, the "Bar Snake". This is what looks to be some kind of solid round rubber that slides inside the bars to absorb the vibration. The only negative thing I might say about the caulking type stuff is that if it doesn't work you'll play hell getting it out so you can try something else. Lead shot could be messy if you need to remove the bar end weight. I'm thinking of trying this bar snake gizmo. If I do, I'll post back as to my thoughts on it.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I added Marvel Mystery Oil to my gas a few weeks back because of a statement that it could help preserve a steel tank during storage. On the very first ride I noticed my right hand mirror, which has been blurred at highway speeds since new (now 20k miles), is as clear as can be. Totally unexpected. :confused:
Mysterious indeed.

Bill

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I try to mount everything on / in a rubber mount of some sort. I often use fuel hose, first find hose that matches the bolt size. make it a "tad" longer for compression, then slip a larger hose over that until it fits the space / hole / mount or whatever is shaking. Tighten it all down so most of the fuel hose is smashed near flat. You might need a longer bolt. It helps, in most cases the problem is gone. I started doing this on my G/F's HD when her driving lights were shaking like crazy, then the handle bars, then anything else that shook like crazy. Gotta love those HD's, always something to work on. She's since traded it on another HD, go figure.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The handlebar vibration in my K5 Wee used to bother me. It led to numbness in my hands if I rode for any length of time over an hour. I did two things that really improved the vibrations that I felt, and the ensuing numbness in my hand.

I ordered two items, the first being the Grip Puppies. This just gave me a more natural feel to the grip. Reduced the felt vibration a little, but greatly increased the confort of the grip. Fairly inexpensive fix too and dead simple to install.

The second item I added was the Vibranator bar ends. This was the most significant reduction in felt vibration. I would say it cut it in half. From their site it states "Using Tuned Mass Damper technology, VIBRANATORs interfere and disrupt the rhythm of vibration in handlebars, reducing the serious affects of involuntary muscle contractions in the body." Worked for me anyways, YMMV.

Reactions: Boone

·
Registered
766 Posts
In theory this product may work fine. It deadens the harmonics of the vibration in the bars. I don't really have a complaint with the bars I have but solid mounted bars like on the Wee v rubber mounted on the Vee does make a difference in the frequency through the bars. I have Spider Grips GRIP DESIGN — Spider Grips and just don't have vibration in the hands. Good stuff.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Vee top clamp

if you can find one, the top triple clamp from a Wee will fit on a Vee, same offset and everything. The Wee clamp rubber mounts the handle bar mounts, and as a side bonus, you can offset, raise, or go with fat bars using aftermarket bar clamps rather than using adapters most people with Wee's use. You can find a very wide range of rubber mounted bar clamps from any dirt bike supply company.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well, I decided to check out the price and they sure make it difficult to find out the price. Checking on the order page refers one to another site. Then one fills out a form for them to contact you:

Please fill out the below information and click submit info. A representative of Frank Industries will promptly contact you to verify your order and take your billing information.

Perhaps I'm missing it but I can not find out the price before contacting them.

Rick

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hrmm, $110~ is a bit rich for bar ends!! I don't really want to use grip puppies on a already oversized grip compared to stocks.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I'm a big fan of Manic Salamander bar end weights.

So far, they're the only ones I've found that actually mount solidly to the bar, rather than using some sort of rubber arrangement.

Also, I noticed a big decrease in annoying unwanted handlebar motion when I installed MSR ATV Lo bars -- the cross-brace really helps stop all that flopping around with the stock handlebar.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I've had some buzzy bikes before, but the Wee is not one of them. Are you sure your TBs are properly synched?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Rode 250 miles today and noticed the RIGHT grip vibrates, the LEFT one does not.

Hmmmmm...........................

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Bar snake

or fill bars with lead shot or BB's

Also tighten the nuts on the rubber mounts

I also have and are a fan of foam grips like Johar

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I eliminated most of the buzziness in my handlebars by pouring BB's into the handlebar then I pumped a bit of silicone sealer into it to seal in the BB's. Seems to work. The only thing was that putting in the silicone sealer in was a bit messy and I used a lot of paper towels to clean things up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I eliminated most of the buzziness in my handlebars by pouring BB's into the handlebar then I pumped a bit of silicone sealer into it to seal in the BB's. Seems to work. The only thing was that putting in the silicone sealer in was a bit messy and I used a lot of paper towels to clean things up.
I bought kuryakyn sport bike grips at Dennis Kirk. They fit the 7/8 inch bars and are the right length for our bars. I always used them on cruisers as they are fatter and remove vibration. They work great for me and you don't need the bar end weights with them. Just say in'.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts