StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the bars off, added Oxford grips,reinstalled throttle lock and bar ends and all switches, mirrors. I now have more vibration.
Is it possible that is from over torque of the 4 mounting bolts? suggestions? 2014 Strom dl1000.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,422 Posts
The Oxford grips will likely transmit vibration differently. Might just be those. You might double check that your bar end weights are tight. Should not be an issue with tightening down the bars as long as they are close to correct.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
You can check the bar clamps. One end is longer than the other. If you put the top on a flat surface with the half moon cutout down, the long end can be flat on the surface and the short end will float above the surface. For best results, put the long end of each clamp in the front of the top triple clamp and tighten the long end first. Finally, tighten the bolt on the short end. It may not make any difference but it makes my OCD feel better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Greywolf, who'd a thunk? I see the difference. Any idea on the torque for those?
The vibration was so noticable that I could visually see it! I am using holeshot's touring bars, quite comfortable. Have the kaoka throttle lock and bar end.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The bar clamp bolt torque is 16.5lb-ft.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,422 Posts
Did you also install aftermarket bars along with the grips?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greywolf, thanks again, checked the top clamp positions and reattached,torqued and test ride, much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts