StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to install Eastern Beaver's jumpers to lengthen the electrical cables on both handlebars. I assume the jumpers just plug into the switch assemblies and the existing cable(s) are replugged into the jumpers other end. I have looked here and on VSRI for an exploded view of the switch assemblies so I know what to expect when I open up the housings but I've not found such a diagram or photo. Anyone know where one is located? Alternatively, do you know if I can get to where I can unplug the existing connectors without having springs and whatnot pinging all over the place?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
You don't have to disassemble the switches, just separate the connectors, which as I recall are behind the radiator, attached to the plastic shroud there. Kind of a pain to get to, yes. But removing the side panels should be enough to get you there. You may well want to swing the radiator forward a bit also. If it's time to check valves or flush the radiator, now might be a good time to do it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, awaiting a reply I pulled the right switch apart and to my surprise discovered what you say...no connector inside. So now I search behind the radiator.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Just follow the wire bundle..... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As Enumclaw suggested all three connectors are mounted on the back side of the fan shroud. They are a pain to get at and unplug, but I got it done. Biggest problem is figuring out how to unlatch the holding pins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts