StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this site and the internet in general looking for the specs of the stock bars on the 650X, to no avail. Does anybody know where to find it or know the specs??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have searched this site and the internet in general looking for the specs of the stock bars on the 650X, to no avail. Does anybody know where to find it or know the specs??
The DL650 and DL650X both use the same 7/8" handlebars (part #56111-28K00-YUS for the 2018s anyways).

Stock Bars
  • Width: 762mm / 30”
  • Height: 102mm / 4”
  • Sweep: 152mm / 6”
  • Clamp: 152mm / 6"
I went with a set of 2" ROX risers and the Pro Taper SE Pastrana MX/RM Low bend bars. Nice and straight with a total height of aprox an inch higher. No more back/shoulder cramping and my old motocrosser wrists are happy. :) If I were to do it again I'd go with the Renthal 7/8" 966 REED/WINDHAM bars though. Just a touch higher still with only a slight bit more sweep.

From my measurements, a person can only go about 140mm total height without getting a longer front brake line on the ABS model, or at least getting very creative with the cable/brake line routing.

ROX + Pro Taper SE - Pastrana MX/RM Low
  • Width: 800mm (31.5")
  • Height: 74mm + ROX 51mm = 125mm (4.92")
  • Rise: 54mm (2.13)
  • Sweep: 55mm (2.17")
  • Clamp: 228mm (8.98")
  • Control: 189mm (7.44")
Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad I could help.

Now to choose a good set of handguards. :D I'm torn between the Barkbuster VPS and Cycra Probends myself.

·
Registered
173 Posts
About to do the same - this was really helpful - thank you.

I'm also experiencing a lot of vibration thru my bars. Would going for a thicker bar (1 1/8) help with this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The sidewall diameter of aftermarket 7/8" and 1-1/8" aluminum bars is basically the same so I doubt one offers any better vibration damping over the other. The lack of a crossbar on the 1-1/8" bar may help but in my experience on single-cylinder 2t dirt bikes, the only thing that helps is rubber isolation mounts such as the Mako 360. No idea if they'd fit a V-Strom though.

That said, I'm a 2-stroke dirt bike guy through and through so I don't really notice vibrations on any street bikes. :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have heard of using ATV bars with a brace in them. I could use a brace to hang more farkles on.
I don't know anything about the width and rise and sweep of the atv bars though.

Cheers

RLBranson

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Pro taper Adventure Hi bars w/ adapters work best for my old bones...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Still working out the routing of cables/lines with those hi adv (not atv) bars. It’s a bit tight but I think I can make it work.
Right now I have bigger fish to fry - like the fact that BOTH my fork tubes are like bananas. Guess there’s a good reason why this nearly new bike was so cheap....

·
Registered
173 Posts
All rerouted. It’s not pretty but it’s functional. Gotta figure out a hand guard layout now. The Barkbusters didn’t work so I sent them back

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ended up going with Cycra pro bends with a little bit of added ingenuity to mount them. Love this setup. Super comfy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts