StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 2016 DL 650 V-strom xt. I would like to change my handle bars for more height, The handlebars I'm looking at are
Pro Taper Evo Adventure Handlebars 1-1/8" the High version.

However I can not find the info on the stock bar size. Are they 7/8 or 1 1/8? Can I put 1 1/8 bars on my bike if my stock bars are 7/8?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. That's also what I came up with. So is it possible to to add 1 1/8 bars to my bike? Also is there a good place to get longer cables for everything?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just put on the Pro-Taper Adventure EVO bars, the lower one along with the Rox Risers 2".

You'll need to get the Pro-Taper base adaptor (no height increase) to fit the Pro-Taper larger diameter bars, Rox, or another brand in a 1-1/8" size since stock is 7/8". Pro-Taper sells the "no height" adaptor separately (which I also have almost new and would sell you cheaper - didn't need it and the Rox.)

My fit with the brake cable was pretty snug, that's why I didn't go with the higher bars. You could overcome that issue with a new longer brake cable, or don't use any riser at all - I think.

Overall, I really like the look and feel a lot better. It also allows for standing up better in the trails if needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. Also if I do change my bars from a 7/8 to a 1 1/8 does that mean I have to change everything on my bars to fit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts