StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What handlebar muff options are available?

I've looked at Hippohands, but they seem to be quite bulky.

I like the idea of warm/dry hands, and not have to hassle with removal, storing, and finding my gloves.

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
464 Posts
This is what I have. Can't beat the price, however, I had to cut and stitch around the mirrors on my Honda to make it fit properly.

Mitts work great down to about 40°F, but I have to turn the grip heaters on when the temps are colder.

Smaller than Hippo Hands, and simpler too.

Tusk Hand Mitts Black | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

·
Registered
379 Posts
At +60 years old I have what I will call a natural layer of insulation. Thus my body stays relatively warm with a good jacket and layering but my hands get cold. I have a 40 year old pair of Hippohands in my attic but don't use them because the size. I am going to get a pair of the Ducks.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
I just like the word 'muff '.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
What handlebar muff options are available?

I've looked at Hippohands, but they seem to be quite bulky.

I like the idea of warm/dry hands, and not have to hassle with removal, storing, and finding my gloves.

Thanks,
Jake
They are bulky for a reason Jake. Do you have mirrors and hand guards? Just pretend they are part of the fairing:green_lol:.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Maybe just try the handguard extensions some one here was making. Or make your own for a few bucks out of some plastic and 2 sided tape. Made the lower portion for the Wee handguards and my finger tips never get cold anymore with the heated grips on. Before the heated grips had no effect on my finger tips, now they do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts