StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I can confirm that clocks4bikes are great folks! They custom made a polished aluminum stem-mount thermometer for me - the Wee stem nut is not one of their standard sizes, and it will only fit with split risers. Beautiful piece. These kinds of thermometers don't work very well on bikes. But, if you want a thermometer or need a clock, this is a great company (husband and wife team) with which to do business.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Those look nice for a cruiser but you can't put chrome on a Strom without disrupting the space-time continuum. So I went with this one...

And we already have a digital clock in the instrument panel.

·
Registered
165 Posts
What are the reasons to have a thermometer mounted on your bike? I can't think of any decision I would make based on a thermometer reading.... but maybe I'm just missing something:confused:

·
Registered
362 Posts
If the temp is around freezing I like to know. :yikes:

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reference post #3 and #6 on the following link:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/52551-good-recommendations-thermometer.html

Just my 2 cents... :yesnod:
I use a thermometer like the one in #3 of that thread. Coral life or something like that. Made for reptile environment. They work for years and are pretty accurate.

And I agree about knowing when you approach freezing. Black Ice Baby!:yikes:

I live at 700', and 12 miles away it's near 2000', and I frequently ride up above 3000' near home. Temperature is just interesting to me when you're changing altitudes like that...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts