StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello...
I think the OEM handlebar should have a more open angle outwards so that the arm is aligned with the wrist, making a straight line. Actually, due to the closed angle of the OEM handlebar and the geometry of my body, my arms go straight but my wrists are open out a little, or open outwards. I think this is because it was designed for smaller people, don't know really.
This angle that is formed in my wrist, after several hours of riding, begin to feel very inconvenient. And watching myself I can notice what's wrong.

I wonder if someone can recommend a handlebar that has the same elevation as the OEM but is a bit more straight.
Looking at my example picture... B+B is actual OEM position/angle. I think A+A should be a suitable position...
I hope I have explained myself correctly.
Thanks for your help on this!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
It would seem that less angle at wrist is a good thing. I notice I have very little angle at the wrist with my tusk brand bars. I bought them years ago, recommended by members here such as Big B if memory serves. I don't recall model of bars but maybe B can or others or a search will provide. I don't have any real comparison to angle with oem bars so maybe verify.

edit, http://www.stromtrooper.com/v-strom-modifications-performance/142273-tusk-over-pro-taper.html

·
Administrator
17,091 Posts
Yup the Tusk ATV sport bend or Pro Taper ATV hi bend are the popular bars to get for 7/8", or go with some Pro Taper EVO bars and get the bar adapters. You will have a cross bar with the first 2 mentioned bars as they are aluminum, the EVO is also aluminum but has no cross bar and they are NOT going to ever bend on you.

Also use the search function here, or to a Google search for "V-Strom handlebars"

Here is a good start for you......... http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/board,70.0.html

Reactions: kmsz1969

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tusk all the way. The angle on the stock bars hurt my wrists too, and the tuskers are way better. The cross bar is removable also, if you don't like it and aren't worried about bending.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Is that uploaded pic your bike? I had no idea some stroms came with clip ons. You could try rotating the clipons.

When I want new bars I usually go to a bike scrapper/used parts place and look at their piles of bars and pick out what I want. They usually have plenty of perfectly good bars to choose from.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
No Strom comes with clip-ons. They would be easy just to loosen and rotate. But you'd still be leaned over and craning your neck up to see in front of you.

·
Administrator
5,716 Posts
The Pro Taper ATV MID 7/8ths bar is the same height as the Suzuki OEM but opens up to keep your arms in a semi M/X position. A straight bolt on and about 4 inches wider with lines marked on the bar for easy trimming to customize the bar to the width you prefer.

The HIGH version places the grips higher than the OEM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts