StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bent the bolt that holds my left BALANCER SET in place. The left bar end is bent back about 15 degrees. I have not tried to loosen the bolt yet. I am hoping I can put a wrench in the end and it will turn along with the bar end until it is loose enough to slide the assembly out of the bar. I know this must happen often when a bike is dropped. Any suggestions on the removal, before I try, will be appreciated.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The tool required is a screwdriver. You should be able to loosen the screw a few turns even though it is bent. With the screw just a little loose, you ought to be able to wiggle out the assembly. Once out, it will be easy to disassemble and you can probably get the screw pretty straight. Just don't loosen the screw much more than 1/2" before wiggling the unit out.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tool required is a screwdriver. You should be able to loosen the screw a few turns even though it is bent. With the screw just a little loose, you ought to be able to wiggle out the assembly. Once out, it will be easy to disassemble and you can probably get the screw pretty straight. Just don't loosen the screw much more than 1/2" before wiggling the unit out.
Thanks, that is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure there was not something I was mising that would screw things up. I think I will buy a new screw as this one will be weakened a bit. If this happens again I don't want the screw to break. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just loosened the screw and bent it straight without pulling it out. Now to replace the clutch lever with the spare I carry and keep the broken one, which still works, as a spare and then replace the broken turn signal with a new assembly for about $50 to $60. My crash bars, sliders, and side cases saved any major damage from my barely moving mishap. My protective pants, jacket, and helmet saved my skin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where can I purchase new bar end screw?

I had the same thing happen to me today at work. bike tipped over from high winds and a too long kickstand that needed long over due shortening. Bike was ok with the exception of the blinker assembly and the bar end screw.... So my question is can anyone recommend a site where to get a new screw? been looking around without any luck.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me today at work. bike tipped over from high winds and a too long kickstand that needed long over due shortening. Bike was ok with the exception of the blinker assembly and the bar end screw.... So my question is can anyone recommend a site where to get a new screw? been looking around without any luck.
It is part number 09127-06018, at least for my K6 Wee. I found it on Ron Ayers and MR Cycles so you should be able to find it at most sites selling OEM parts. Runs about $2.12, but the shipping will probably be three times that.

Or you might try Ace Hardware, I have good luck with my local stores selection of metric bolts/screws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts