StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of handguards primarily to block wind. I want handguards that don't wrap around and replace the bar ends because I have a Throttlemeister that I don't want to lose, and realistically I don't do any bush riding to need the guards for impact protection. Specifically, I'm thinking of these PowerMadd guards http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1125/369/. I'm leaning towards these because they are convertable between an open and closed loop style, so I have the option of added protection if I want it. Anyone else have these? Any others?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Powermadd Handguards

So whaddya do? Tried those yet?

I've got a Krakao cruise control that takes up the bar end & don't want to repalce it if I can help it, so I'm interested in your take on the Powermadd handguards whe you get them.....

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have the factory hand guards, and they provide the best wind protection I have ever experienced. Your bar ends stay in place. I've tried a bunch of different brands on my dirt bike, they work well for physical contact but not as good as these factory units are in the wind. My 2 cents. And they're cheap.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The OEM handguards aren't workable because they attach between the bar end and handlebar, but the Throttlemeister needs to be next to the throttle tube to work. The Kaoko may be an option, but I've already got the Throttlemeister installed and set up properly, it's cheaper and easier to just get handguards that will work with them.

Okay, I've gone ahead and ordered them. I ordered the handguards and the guard extensions, but not the wraparound brackets that would make them closed loop. I'll post a review when they arrive.

·
Registered
186 Posts
RubberDown said:
I have the factory hand guards and the Kaoko throttle locker. Best of both worlds IMO. 8)
Did you have to order the Kaoko for the DL1000 in order to use the handguards? I have a DL650 and from what I understand, if you want to put handguards on the 650 and use the cruise control you have to order the DL1000 model so it has room for the handguards where they attach at the bar ends.

Yes? no? :?:

·
Registered
566 Posts
p7m8jg said:
RubberDown said:
I have the factory hand guards and the Kaoko throttle locker. Best of both worlds IMO. 8)
Did you have to order the Kaoko for the DL1000 in order to use the handguards? I have a DL650 and from what I understand, if you want to put handguards on the 650 and use the cruise control you have to order the DL1000 model so it has room for the handguards where they attach at the bar ends.

Yes? no? :?:
Yes. I already had installed the stock hand guards when I ordered the throttle lock so it made the decision easy for me. I like Throttlemeister but I called them and they said they would not work with the hand guards. The web page for ordering the Kaoko throttle controls lists the throttle lock for with handguards and without. :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, I've had the PowerMadd guards on my bike for a few days now. My thoughts in the review section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts