StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my DL650 in for its 600 mile service Friday. My Suzuki handguards came in today. I have some basic mechanical know-how and a good set of tools. (I installed Helibars and exhaust on my Ducati) Should I tackle this myself? I hate the thought of paying someone else to do a basic install, but I've read too many bad threads on this topic.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
The directions stink, but otherwise it's not that hard (and I'm no master mechanic). Take your time, read the instructions (we won't tell :wink: ), and have at it.

On the other hand, if they'll install them for cheap, let 'em do it.

Tim

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am I going to have to re-adjust the clutch?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
the clutch adjustment won't change. the important part is to unscrew the handle bar end weights no more than 3/4". then wiggle the assembly until it comes out as a unit. that's the only delicate part.

·
Registered
264 Posts
greywolf said:
the clutch adjustment won't change. the important part is to unscrew the handle bar end weights no more than 3/4". then wiggle the assembly until it comes out as a unit. that's the only delicate part.
I wish somebody told ME that!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Listen to the wolf. He is wise like ninja.

Other than that it's a piece of cake.

·
Registered
383 Posts
i wrot e apost on em, it's not that bad. i had helibars on my 900ss/cr, and it's just as easy, just patience and careful with the bar-end screws!

G

·
0 Posts
Do it yourself its very satisfying

I have to agree with Kneedrachen, be careful with the bar end bolts or have magnetic pointy stick at hand. I found slackening off the clutch and throttle lever handles and rolling them forward a little eased fitting. I did notice however that the levers weren't 100% back in their original positions even with extra tinkering, however the change made no difference. In fact I found the throttle a little more comfortable, possibly because my right wrist is a little wonky from a break a few years ago. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts