StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the great advice from my strom trooper brothers and sisters, I am slowlybut surely changing my DL1000 into a bike I can ride comfortably.

Another question:

I find it MUCH easier to ride longer distances with fat grips...I dont have to squeeze the grips so much and because my hands are large, the fatter grips "fit" better.

Any suggestions on soft but FAT grips anyone.

The small 7/8 " bars are just too little for me to be comfortable.

thanks

sawguard

·
Registered
264 Posts
Are those ProGrips noticeably fatter than stock?

If you really want fatter grips, get a pair of Grip Puppies from www.casporttouring.com
I got a pair last week and had to take them off because they were too fat. I have small hands. The stock grips felt too small since i was used to 1" bars on my last bike but these grips fit on top of the stock grips and it made them too fat for me. YMMV.

K

·
0 Posts
d2mini said:

If you really want fatter grips, get a pair of Grip Puppies from www.casporttouring.com
I got a pair last week and had to take them off because they were too fat. I have small hands. The stock grips felt too small since i was used to 1" bars on my last bike but these grips fit on top of the stock grips and it made them too fat for me. YMMV.
Yes. They also have a barrel shaped profile that more comfortably fits my hand.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I've used the ProGrip 716's too. They're not as fat as the 714 but they have the soft, grippy surface. I actually think I like them more.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Oh Yeh!!!

I swear by Grip Puppies. I have used them on my GS and my 650K7. They are perfect and also allowed heat from my heated grips to come through and warm my hands as if they weren't even there.

Sooo +1 on what he said.

Bright Side :cool:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
I put large grip puppies over my HotGrips. I really like the very large diameter result.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I have been pondering this for a while. I have big hands .... and from reading this it seems .... a good solution is to;

-Keep the stock ones on
-wrap my heated grips around them with the adhesive
-apply some hair spray
-Pull some Grip Puppies over them

instant easy heated grip install (minus the wiring) plus some bigger grips for my big hands ...

Can it be that simple?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts