StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is an interesting try of the vstromhellasforum member called Terino, for mounting the hella micro de on the Wee. We already make a group buy.
The first 11 pictures are about a kit like the touratech 's with the hella's beneath the blinkers. The other 12 are for a kit like the touratech' s for the Vee, with the hella's above the blinkers. Óýíäåóç
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8274/img3011u.jpg
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7158/img3037y.jpg
In the second picture he hasn't put the blinkers on because he is abut to change them.
Both of the kits are made for use with the OEM blinkers.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Those lights will be destroyed in a tip over.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps but the same will happen to the touratech's.
In the kit "above" the hella's are about 1-1.5 cm nearest to the bike than the blinkers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, 1st post for me in your forum! Glad to be here, thank you for having me.

Thank you lazaros for displaying my work.

Those lights will be destroyed in a tip over.
I think that the mount that goes above the blinkers will not have that problem. It is 1,5cm more inside than the blinker so (fingers crossed) it will be ok. The mount that goes below the blinkers will most certainly create a problem in case of a tip over but in my opinion it's very beautiful so I am willing to forget it for now.

Tell me what you think of my work, it took me 3 weeks of hard work to perfect them!

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your job is perfect Terino and i must say the project went better than anybody here in Greece believed. It wasn't only your 3 weeks of hard work but more than 400 riders :var_29: here in Greece who were waiting to end it. Keep up the good job and we are expoecting more projects from you.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Hi Terino,

I see that you have put a retrofit HID projector into the headlight housing. nice job :thumbup:. Do you have a link to your installation write-up?

do you might sharing:

1) where did you get the kit; and,

2) what do think of the cut-off problem with HID projector when the bike is lean into corner at night;

I recently installed a HID projector into the vstrom - i only installed on one side because tests before reassembly shows terrible "lean into corner" performance due to the sharp cut-off. So now i have halogen on one side and HID projector on the other. I got mine from TRS - Morimoto Mini DS2 kit.

The other problem i have encountered is that stock suzuki housing tilts the the bulb 15degree to the right, so i had to modify my mounting tab to 15degree left to compensate - it was suppose to be a plug and play instal - it wasnt for me:thumbdown:!

sorry this is a bit of deviation of the original topic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello my friend. The installation write-up can be found here ÅãêáôÜóôáóç-óýíäåóç Angel Eyes but it's in Greek! Don't think you'll get much out of it. Has many pics though... try it.

Retrofits are not plug and play! That's why they are called retrofits!:mod2_tt2:

It needs a lot of work for it to work perfectly but the result is usually compensating.

I don't remember where I got mine from and I can't find the link! It was a guy in China through a Chinese wholesale site.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
dont worry about being in greek - google translate does wonders - gee, creek stromers are very adventurous when it comes to lighting.

yes - no plug and play on my recent installation either - i lost a few pictures during my moving house - but will post some later.

I only install one side and kept the other stock - reason was that the clean cut off of HID projector is an issue once the motorbike is lean into corner, it's total darkness on the inside (or nearside ) of any corner. I kept one stock to provide some lighting - the combination works rather well....

I know this thread is useless without pic - i will take some tomorrow night.

FYI, i purchase from these people:

Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini D2S 2.0 - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc

it looks like these:

·
Registered
3 Posts
i am also wearing the so called angel eyes bixenon kit and indeed there is an issue with the cornering in dark roads...if someone tweaks in someway this,please let us know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts