Strom Trooper banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just bit the bullet and ordered some Barkbusters VPS from TT (they show them as fitting the 2012), not cheap at $155 but I figure they are going to see the ground eventually, so might as well get a set that can take some impact. That way maybe I don't have to replace them later.

I got word that they have shipped, so I'll post up some info and pics after I get and install them. (and a fender extender...)
Hey Steve, did you ever get these on your bike?

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
What dealer offered free shipping? Call me blind, but I didnt see it in the other thread.
Sorry, it's one of the Florida dealers listed on this page TT FL dealers , I think Adventure moto. They had the BHG-31's not the 44's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yup, scroll back a few pages in this thread and you'll see some posts I did.

I've since painted the aluminum black and they look much better.
Found em. Thanks. I am looking to buy for an 11' with aftermarket bars. Did you buy model specific or do these come with a universal fit. Doesn't seem like the dealers know to much. Do you think the people at TT would be able to help if I just called them?

Did you paint the white lettering too?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just purchased a 2005 DL650 and it has a bar end throttle lock you twist to lock the throttle in position for "Cruse control." Does anyone know if there are a set of handgaurds that will work with this type of setup? I can post pictures if needed.

Semper Fi,
Patrick

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
It's probably a Kaoko. A different Kaoko model is made for use with handguards.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I contacted Touratech and explained the problem. The answer was that according to the manufactorer the hand guards fits the Wee2 just fine, and the contact with the plastic on the bike is acceptable and normal :confused:

When I told them that I didn't buy that bull shit (it's not acceptable that hand guards damage the bike under normal use), they agreed to take the handguards back and have another talk with the manufactorer :argue:
Did they come back with any good news for you?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I purchased the oem handguards for my 2012 and the part number was 57300-27825-291. The site I purchased them from said 2004-2012 so I'm thinking I have the wrong part.
The other set is 57300-27830-291

·
38,049 Posts
You got the old number all right.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm picking up the glee tomorrow but I have time before putting on the "knuckle guards" as Suzuki calls it. I wanted to put them on with the oxford grips.

·
38,049 Posts
Yes. The differences vary in how great the change and I think those are a couple of generations old.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wee Strom Handguards

I have BarkBusters on my K6 Wee. Fortunately I have never had to rely on them but I got them because they are robust - there is an aluminum bar for protection. :thumbup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I contacted the dealership where I ordered the knuckle guards from:

Received the Suzuki Handguards today. The shipping was very fast. Thank you.
I'm not sure these will fit the 2012 DL650. Part number I received was 57300-27825-291, 2004-2011 and the part number for the 2012-2013 DL650 is 57300-27830-291. I dont want to damge these by putting them on if there the wrong part.
Let me know what you would like me to do.

They responded today:

Hello Mike, when we listed this item, we put a generic year range that covered both models in the title and then specified the specific years for each bike in the description. This was our mistake as we try to avoid this because of the confusion it can cause as in your transaction. We will be fixing this for future listings of this item. The plastic is the same but we will send you out the correct hardware kit today Priority Mail with a prepaid return envelope for you to throw that hardware kit it and put in the mail box. I do apologize for this but we will get you fixed up quickly. Thank you ~Mark Leibold

That was Everett Powersports in WA. Very good customer service. Their taking a loss on this and just want to make good.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Received the replacement hardware pieces today to the knuckle guards on the right. The only difference is the two long posts and the one spacer. The plastic hand guards are the same I guess since they just sent the hardware? I will put the hand guards on when I do the oxford grips.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
What are the new long posts?

Uncle Fester,

I may be in the same boat as you, i.e. 2011 hand guards but 2013 V Strom. If the only difference is the long bolt, can you provide more info on that? Is it a standard piece of hardware I could get from a hardware store or is it custom machined specifically for this application?

Thanks,

Steve

41 - 60 of 102 Posts