StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at picking up a pair of Barkbuster 'Storm' handguards with the full aluminum wrap for my 2011 Wee. Anyone have experience installing these? I"m basically an idiot when it comes to basic mechanical skills, but the demo video on Twisted Throttle makes it look pretty simple. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Should not be that bad and the directions HAVE to be better than the Suzuki OEM handgaurds...those instructions are worthless...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Generic Barkbusters don't fit well. Make sure to get the Twisted Throttle type. The video tells the story.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got the V-Strom specific Barkbusters from Twisted Throttle and they were no problem to install. It only takes one drop for them to be worth every penny.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not hard..I did have to adjust the placement of my clutch to make room for it..but the process was pretty straight forward. Good luck~!

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Barkbusters Installed

Here are a few pictures of the Barkbusters with the DL650 kit and Storm covers from Twistedthrottle. I had to adjust my leavers for the lines to clear the bar mounts. They replaced a set of OEM covers I had installed. I have HotGrips

Clutch Side

Brake Side

·
Registered
1 Posts
The barkbusters are the way to go. Installing those kits are pretty straightforward, and really do not take long. It makes it easier if you loosen anything on the bars first to make any necessary adjustments. I run the Acerbis Ram Handguards on mine.

Luke

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Generic Barkbusters don't fit well. Make sure to get the Twisted Throttle type. The video tells the story.
I got the Twisted Throttle Barkbusters for the DL and they went on very easily.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the Barkbusters installed this morning. It took me about 1 hour. Biggest trouble I had was getting the original bar end weights out. Thanks to you guys that provided input, and especially for the great pics Biker128Pedal. They helped out when I was positioning the ends. Had to adjust the brake and clutch just slightly. They look great.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For anyone who has the barkbusters. Will they install with the brake bleeder banjo bolt from svracing? It sticks out further but maybe the master cylinder can be turned? How close is the stock line?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just saw some pictures of them installed and it looks like they are installed to the outside of the master cylinder? Between the M-Cylinder and the handgrip? If that's the case, the banjo bolt will not interfere. Can anyone confirm this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts