StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right ( brake) side hand guard bolt loosened up and fell out on my ride home last night. I looked up the bolt & the acorn nut that belongs their & they just had Suzuki PN's no sizes. Does anyone know what size that bolt & acorn nut are. I have a rubber band through the hole now holding the hand guard in place & that just will not due.
When I go to the hardware store tomorrow I need some sizes & a description.
Thank you Bill

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
take the

Take the left bolt to the hardware store (ACE & Truevalue have a good selection) and match it up. Make sure they get you a metric bolt, lots of sales folks don't think it makes any diff.

·
Registered
56 Posts
good luck in your search. I tried and gave up could not find at hardware store and Suzuki dealer would not sell each. had to buy another setup

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
I have an ample supply of SS Metric M6 Bolts........lengths from 10mm long to 65mm. Also a couple of M5 sizes. I'm not familiar with the handguard bolts (I have Barkbusters), but shoot me a PM if you need any M6 bolts to fix your guard. None of mine are "shouldered" if that is a requirement??

(Note: M6 is probably the most common size on the bike......engine covers, handlebar controls, etc)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The lever pivot bolt is shouldered and the shoulder is the bearing surface for the lever. It is tapped on top for a small screw and has threads on the bottom for an acorn nut. The pivot bolt can't be replaced by a hardware store item. The top screw and bottom nut can. which of the three parts went missing?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lever pivot bolt is shouldered and the shoulder is the bearing surface for the lever. It is tapped on top for a small screw and has threads on the bottom for an acorn nut. The pivot bolt can't be replaced by a hardware store item. The top screw and bottom nut can. which of the three parts went missing?
Now that it's not dark anymore I got a chance to look at it. I wrote the question at 3 something this morning ( old guys don't sleep much). The top screw jumped ship. I was able to replace it at the hardware store with a metric Allen screw and a washer. Picked up a bottle of locktite also. Can't have these things jumping ship like that. I also tightened up the other side which was loose.

Lesson to all - GUYS TIGHTEN THESE DARN THINGS !

Thank You
Bill

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2nd lesson -GREYWOLF ROCKS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts