·
Registered
46 Posts
Cannot see the photos.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Well, That Sucks! I’ve been away for awhile. Merchant Mariner, living without internet for the most part and no time even if I could connect.

I’ll check into the library where the photos are and ask for some help to get the thread restored if needed.

On a related note, I’m ashore, potentially for good and looking to be at the Eastern Gathering this year. Hope to meet up with a bunch of you there.
Ethan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Appreciate the video. The one I use 2 years ago was not available. I with Wildbill if you have a reminder the side panels on the tank come off easy.

Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki DL 650 Adventure
82 Posts
Thank you that was great. You are going to help a lot people.
When Suzuki did the value recall I had them change the spark plugs and air filter, it only had 9000 miles on it. I am not going to change my air filter again for as long as possible.
I can not believe how hard or how much it cost to do what should be a simple air filter change. In the old days all you had do was take off the seat.
Going throw all that is crazy.

·
Registered
234 Posts
When I find the engineer that designed this bike such that the fuel tank has to be removed to access the air filter, I'm going to say some very derogatory things about his mother.

Reactions: senoje and CHMLEON

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I find the engineer that designed this bike such that the fuel tank has to be removed to access the air filter, I'm going to say some very derogatory things about his mother.
I use to work for Nissan Motor Company at the North American R&D Center in Farmington Hills Michigan (big title - small job), but I can say that "honor" is still a huge thing in Japan. So when a more senior engineer makes a decision - even a bad one - correcting them can be difficult. So maybe keep his mom out of it and just question if he's ever picked up an 10mm wrench. :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Right?! I wonder if other adventure bikes do the same thing or of it's just a Vstrom design. It doesn't seem like it would have been that difficult to just make it hinged like most bikes. I understand that you would still need to remove the plastics first but even after that I'd still rather be able to put the tank up on a prop rod than to pull the whole thing off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Use to own a Honda ST1100, when the air filter got dirty it was easier to just sell the bike. Those engineers must have gotten jobs at Suzuki working on the Vstrom project...

161 - 170 of 170 Posts