StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been riding a long time. Last year finally bought the adventure bike I'd been wanting for a long time, a 2007, BMW, R1200GS. Great ride, not great reliability. After 10,000 miles, one year and 2 breakdowns, she's going to a new home this weekend. I was looking at the new Super Tenere, but decided to go with a bike that has nearly flawless reliability, so I started looking at the kilo-stroms. Found a 2003 not too far away and should be picking it up within the next 2 weeks.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Sorry that your dream didn't live up to your fantasies.

Good luck with the DL1000, although you probably won't need it.

Cheers,

Norm

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
For me, the terrible and tragic problem with the VStrom is that every time I get excited about a new bike, I get on my Vee and realize it would be stupid to sell or trade it. It runs perfectly, looks like new, all it does is wear out tires, chains, and motor oil.

Maybe I'll get lucky, and a Q-Tip will crash me out so I can buy a new bike with the insurance money!

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
So, how do you occupy your time at FLW when not riding? Ever heard of the "Snake Doctrine?"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, how do you occupy your time at FLW when not riding? Ever heard of the "Snake Doctrine?"
Mostly riding, but still have a couple of the girls at home who can find ways to spend my time and money.
Never heard of "Snake Doctrine". Can you fill me in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts