StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need the rubber grommets that prevent the box from rattling from vibration, the old ones have disintegrated. Any idea where to get these or what else to use for this purpose? See photo

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think an automotive parts store may be your best bet but you may have to improvise a bit. It's possible to find the exact grommet you're looking for, or one that fits the mount but might need to be cut shorter.

·
Registered
14,205 Posts
Build it up with JP Weld and reshape it?, Fiberglass work?
I run a strap around that sort of top box to avoid excessive vibration. My JC Whitney box is quite old and no wear like that.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
That is a good one.
Another (if you have a store near you) is Fastenal https://www.fastenal.com/product/cutting-tools-and-metalworking/tooling-components/workholding-clamp-accessories/caps?categoryId=601136&level=4&query=neoprene&isExpanded=true

Neoprene washers are very durable and a stack of them will give you the cushion you need.
Even black automotive fuel line hose can work.

Hint: A rubber washer(s) with 4 or 6 razor slits radiating out from the center hole will allow you to push them over the mushroom head in your photo.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I put a short section of vinyl/Rubber tubing on the existing rubber bumper thing on the mount to take up any "slack". I had to play a bit finding the ciorrect length but something like an inch if I recall (and I probably don't) correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts