StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the stock grips on the DL 650 too small. Has anybody installed aftermarket grips? What size did you order? Any problems with installation? Progrips makes one paticular style that I use on my Concours that are great, but I am not sure about the fit on the DL 650.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I Used Emgo foam barrels and they were about $7 Canadian.

They removed about 75% of the viabration and are a more comfortable size. I'm convinced the last vibration is the tires

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jeff: I bought a set of ProGrips 714 for my DL650. I'm pretty sure those are the same ones that a lot of the Concours guys get from "Murph." I wasn't really unhappy with the stock grips, but as part of a heated grip installation I thought I'd give 'em a try. So far I've only got the left grip on, and I must say it is definitely more comfortable than stock. There are 2 flanges on the inside edge of the grip, and I cut off the innermost one because the grip seemed a little long, but it's probably not absolutely necessary. The stock grip on the throttle side is held on with molded ridges and a flange on the inside edge of the throttle tube, so I'm not sure how well the new grip will fit on that side. At $8.49 for the grips I decided I could afford to splurge and experiment.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Your on to something. The grips that Murphs sells are the most comfortable, yet still give you a lot of feel. A fellow Concours and V-Strom owner, Kevin Baker, just installed some, but said he had to do a lot of trimming to get the right one on. No doubt he was refering to the molded ridges and/or flange as you describe. I guess there is no custom size, we just need to make it fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts