StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Glee riders! Just finished putting my first 500 miles on the her. Question, I am planning to add grip puppies. Would you happen to know the correct size I need? In addition the search I did on here talked about coating them with hairspray prior to install. What's the purpose of that? Thank you in advance!
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
1.25-1.45" diameter are the ones for the stock grips. They probably are 5" long and need to be shortened. The hair spray helps them slide on when wet and stick when dry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much Grey Wolf! Reading these forums I think you must be the "yoda" of Stroms!!
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
134 Posts
i put them on mine and the standard ones fit no need to shorten. I have now removed them as they did not suit me. Just use some water with a little soap and as you push them on run you finger around on the inside of the puppies helps them on

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have them on my Wee. The grips seemed so skinny compared to what I was used to and I like this feel a lot better. I had to trim a little off. The right one went on easily with hot soapy water but the left one wouldn't. I stuck it in a bowl of water and microwaved it and it slipped right on then. :mrgreen: Neither have budged since I got them on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome thanks guys! Curious Nova Strom where about you live? I just moved from NoVa. Spent the last 3 years at the five sided wind tunnel aka Pentagon. Lived in Kingstowne and now stationed at Dover AFB De.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts