StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of Grip Puppies for my V-Strom - - nice. But, I also own a 1974 Kawasaki 900Z (116,000 miles). The grips on this bike are considerably larger than the V-Strom - - so big, in fact, that Grip Puppies do even come close to fitting. What’s a guy to do ??

The guy must use that little known activity known as “THINKING”. So what is made of foam, cylindrical in shape with a hole in the middle ?? Answer - - foam pipe insulation.

I went to Lowe’s and purchased a 6 foot length of pipe insulation for $3. This specific foam is black and has a self-sealing seam. This means that after cutting it to the proper length for the hand grip and slipping it on, you can press it together and, so far, it has stayed sealed.. But, if it eventually becomes unsealed, I will use black electrical tape or, perhaps, black plastic ties. The foam insulation also comes in varying internal diameters so you will be able to find something that fits your grips. Some foam insulation comes without the slit so, in theory, if you find the proper internal diameter, you could slip this over your grips just like the Grip Puppies.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Foam pushbike grips work over the Suzuki grips. A lot cheaper than grip puppies and very durable.

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
On my old bike I used a tennis grip. A few bucks, you have a wide choice fo textures, they are self-adhesive and spiral on, and one does both handgrips.

I'd like to do something as the grip puppies don't fit over the Hot Grips.

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
I use plain old bicycle tape. You can make the grip any size you want, comes in great colors and since it doesn't have the word "motorcycle" attached to it, it's cheap.

Ron W.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts