StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting into the install of my symtec grip heaters from California Sport Touring and it says WARNING the heaters require a heat sink don not energize it before installed. What exactly is that? I am going to put a fuse holder in lineand have bought the horn relay wire to hook up to the wire supplied for the stock grip heaters. So do i just wire the two sides together and then put clips to hook into wire harness? There is also NO resistor unless it is built into the hi/lo switch?? I have read all the post but they are assuming a bit of knowlege that i lack in this area...never rode the 998 in the snow! Well thanks for any info on this you can provide. And also thanks to i forget who...that put the heat troller in the hand guard, i put the switch in there and it is slick. thanks rob

·
Registered
72 Posts
As a Symtec dealer I can help you out. The warning note means do not turn them on before they are installed. The handlebars act as a heatsink.

To hook them up, the center lead of the switch, rocker or toggle, should be connected up to the switched (Normally Open) post on your relay. The red wires from the grip heaters are ground and should be tied together and connected to a ground source on the bike. The white wires are HI and get connected to the Hi side of the switch. The blue wires are for low and go to the los side of the switch.

http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=dl650

Hope this helps,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts