StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard the horn lead plug will conect to the grip heater connection, but has anybody found another connector that will work?

I want to get my new heated grips installed and don't want to wait for a horn lead.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just used the horn lead to wire my oxford grip heaters to a relay (so I can't leave work to only find a drained battery again)and it worked great. I was looking for another conector but none seemed to have the same plug. I simply used the red crimp style spade connectors and plged in to the female side of the horn lead.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
If you are connecting to the factory plug, u dont need a relay. There is no power unless the key is on.

cheers

·
Registered
97 Posts
rcacs said:
If you are connecting to the factory plug, u dont need a relay. There is no power unless the key is on.

cheers
I know that the relay is not necessary if you are just wiring in the heated grips. What I did not expand upon was the fact that I am planning on also using the relay for other accessories that I will want to on a keyed circuit. So rather than tapping into another circuit to power the relay I simply used the handgrip plug to power the relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts