StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally been able to ride this 04 Vee that I bought and have a few questions concerning the running of this bike. First off I have noticed it has alot of grinding noise. It is very noticeable when you let off the clutch and the bike is in neutral. When you engage the clutch it goes away. But I can also hear it while riding in gear also. Any idea what can cause this? This is my first chain driven street bike in allloooong time so I have hoping that some of the clunkyness from the bike has to do with being chain driven.

Also I have removed the seat once and cannot get it to release again. There is nothing under the seat that could have moved to obstruct the lock and I can turn the key a little ways. I can hear the mechanism trying to open but it almost feels like it's not opening wide enough. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have finally been able to ride this 04 Vee that I bought and have a few questions concerning the running of this bike. First off I have noticed it has alot of grinding noise. It is very noticeable when you let off the clutch and the bike is in neutral. When you engage the clutch it goes away. But I can also hear it while riding in gear also. Any idea what can cause this? This is my first chain driven street bike in allloooong time so I have hoping that some of the clunkyness from the bike has to do with being chain driven.

Also I have removed the seat once and cannot get it to release again. There is nothing under the seat that could have moved to obstruct the lock and I can turn the key a little ways. I can hear the mechanism trying to open but it almost feels like it's not opening wide enough. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks
The grinding noise, sounds to me like marbles rolling around in a coffee can, is just the clutch basket making a ton of noise. Might be the clutch springs rattling around. I have had my 03 for 7 months or so and put 7K on it. Not one issue at all pertaining to the sound. You will hear a lot about "clutch chudder" which pertains to the clutch basket as well and is really noticeable in the 3k to 5K range. Again, doesn't hurt the bike. Just sounds horrible.

My seat lock bolts came loose on more than one occasion and I finally resorted to using blue locktite on them. You might have a situation where the bolts are loose enough that the whole mechanism is turning as you turn the key. Not totally sure on this though. Someone else can chime in.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts