StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from my last ride I noticed that my next ride would be the one, the one with all the nines. For this, I had company in the form of the Wife on the back of the bike for which I was bestowed stewardship (before I took over the bike it had never seen a passenger) and Mike D on his Triumph Sprint.

I calculated the distance from my house to a common tourist waterfall photo-op to be the annointed local of this momentous occasion.

Then we continued a mile for the one with all the zeroes. Upon Stopping, I realized that it was the location where, four years prior, I encountered some ice and tested my riding gear.

I put this bike on the road in June of 2012 with about 77,000 on the clock and have finally found my place in the coveted 100K club. I am looking forward to all the perks. Overall I have about 85K on V-Stroms.

Thanks to Greywolf for letting me take this bike off his hands for it to see some new adventures and the same boring twisty mountain roads over and over. The road where these shots were taken account for a large share of the miles I put on the bike.

I just put ne PR4T's and brakes and a 14t sprocket on this bike and it's set up perfectly for what I plan to do this season.

Cheers,

Norm

·
Administrator
17,021 Posts
I got the pic message earlier today Norm.......congrats!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
That really is stellar, Norm. You see a ton of bikes on Cycletrader that are 10 years old and they have 8000 miles on them; it's great to see one that gets ridden, and just keeps on putting in mile after reliable mile. It just reinforces that I picked the right motorcycle.

·
Registered
817 Posts
:hurray::thumbup:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah,

Congrats and it looks like the bike is good for a few more.:thumbup:

Is that the Parkway? Looks like MikeD is still enjoying the GT too.
The bike was very clean when I assumed stewardship. It's a little less so now.

It is very close to the Parkway. US276 from Brevard, NC another7 miles to the Parkway. This is a great road. It's my go-to for an hour of attitude adjustment.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the pic message earlier today Norm.......congrats!!!! :thumbup:
I got it while we were in Asheville having lunch. Actually, you've been there with me, too. We saw dread people.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I knew it was coming soon. Hoorah!

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I got it while we were in Asheville having lunch. Actually, you've been there with me, too. We saw dread people.
Whew, better than dead people! Congrats, Norm, I haven't been getting enough riding in the past two years.

BTW, I expect to be in Greenville on May 25, either 2 or 4 wheels, would love to meet you.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whew, better than dead people! Congrats, Norm, I haven't been getting enough riding in the past two years.

BTW, I expect to be in Greenville on May 25, either 2 or 4 wheels, would love to meet you.
Absolutely.

Like the twinfants say: keep me abreast.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts