StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I have had my VStrom since July '02, and just recently stumbled across this forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I live in Northern AZ, and enjoy riding locally, as well as touring on the 'Strom.

Here's a pic from a trip this summer to Wisconsin and back via the Rockies, Yellowstone, etc...

Here's a couple pics from a trip last month to the BMW RA rally in Birmingham, AL then on to the Outer Banks and up to PA before heading home.

I'm also big into sportbikes both road course trackdays and dragracing:

The ZX-12 is gone, replaced by an '03 ZX-6R, but the fun continues....

The VStrom is prolly about the best all-round street bike I've ever owned (and I've owned lots), and I'm looking forward to sharing the fun! :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welcome!

Yep the Strom is one heckuva bike alright. I am having way more fun on it then I ever did on my VFR. You should hook up with our resident Iron Butt'er from Arizona, Mr. Jetboy.

Ride safe,

John

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rodan, spend a lot of time up your way in the summer. A group of us are heading over to Area 51 this weekend. Ever make it down to Arizona Motorsports Park for trakc days or racing. It is one fine track. I'm usually there hanging out with my wrench who races an Arpilia RS250. Stop by the trailer and have a burger.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be at AMP on 11/8 with my ZX-6R (silver '03). I'll be working a corner, so prolly won't be able to socialize much. I've been looking forward to running that track since they built it, but never got 'round to it. I did go down awhile back when they had the Aprilia demo's and rode the Capo and Tuono on the street demo. Wasn't really impressed by either....

Last year I did a trackday at FB East with my ZX-12 and took the Strom along for fun. I actually had a better time on the track with the 'Strom! FB East was way to tight a track for the '12 (1st & 2nd gear only), but passing sportbikes on the 'Strom was a hoot! I did touch the centerstand down in the chicane at the end of the front straight once...levered the rear up causing a nasty slide, but no crash. :shock: I guess that's why they give you a longer peg feeler for the left side in the centerstand kit...which I promptly installed when I got home :D

I'm also on the PSC and AZBusas forums, so we'll run into each other sooner or later!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE

rodan,

Great pics! Which shield do you have on your 'Strom in the top photo?

-Bruce

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rodan, I saw you riding out at Firebird then. Hope to see you soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts