StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings - this is my first post, and it's for (nearly) the best reason (only thing better would be if I was announcing that I had already bought one!)

It's spring. And I've got the bug.

There's a silver '04 down at the local dealer whispering to me.

A little background: I've had 5 streetbikes, going on 100,000 miles now. Went Katana, VFR750, VFR800, GSXR-1000 ('01) :shock:. Current ride is a silver '03 GSXR-1000.

Last summer I was unlucky/lucky enough to thread the needle with an oncoming truck (driving smack down the middle of my lane) as I came around a corner in the mountain roads near my house. I sheared off the mirror, turn signal, and footpeg on the left hand side and scuffed the fairing (but didn't crack any plastic). My helmet was cracked by the truck's driver-side mirror. I didn't crash. I've replaced the mirror, turn signal and footpeg bracket but left the ($600 ouch!) fairing with a very light scuff on it in place. That's the condition that I took it to the dealer in today to talk about trading.

The offer they came back with is: my bike, plus $2000 plus tax (will be about $75 - I'm out of county and city). No dealer prep or freight and doc prep fee is waived.

Trying to fight off the urge... but sorely tempted. Howzit sound to the group?

p.s. motivation on this: I'm a fairly big guy: 220 lb with gear. I live at 7000 foot altitude, so the liter grunt is pretty necessary - plus my girlfriend loves to ride with me. There's all these lovely rough roads and fireroads in Colorado, plus Alaska beckons in a couple of years (hatched that plan during a 6000 mile, 3 week trip thru the pacific NW on the second VFR).

·
Registered
2 Posts
.........AND YOU HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT YET??!! GET BACK THERE AND DO THE DEAL!! 8)
I am waiting for a Silver 04 to come in to my dealer as we speak.

Frank

·
Registered
39 Posts
KC
My God Man - You got to help yourself. Buy it! You have come to the right forum. See, there are a lot of guy's on here that are not all that smart - me included and now you.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang! Run, do NOT walk to the dealer and get the deal done!

One suggestion: Make the dealer put in a set of Progressive Suspension fork springs and 15W fork oil. It'll give you the sportier ride and more long-range comfort to boot.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done.

Done deal. got them to throw in a centerstand and the doc prep fee was already in the $2k diff, so, out the door price: $2058.

I'm goin' ridin :p

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the growing hoard of V-Strom riders! You lucky Dawg! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts