StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my V about a month ago. Of course since then the weather has turned crappy. I got about 500 miles on her and so far so good. My wife and I both enjoy it and it seems to be a great all around bike. My last bike was a Yamaha FJR and I like the V Strom so much better...Lighter, more maneuverable and the added torque is nice too. Plus the FJR used to cook you at a stop light on a warm day. Happy Trails.....

·
Registered
984 Posts
?

Where the hell is Galway?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good Choice!

Welcome to the collective... It's the best bike I've owned also. For those that need to know Galway is west of Saratoga where I was born. Hope to see you on the roads in the Adirondacks..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Welcome, I'm not too far away from you in Greenfield.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Former NYker

I am jelous of you guys still in NY. What fun it would be to take out a bike on the Hutchinson River Parkway and through the Adirondacks! I have lived in between Chicago and Milwaukee for the past 8 years and there is nothing like the Northeast. Enjoy the roads! Be safe!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Galway

Hey MGs4me, welcome to the forum.

What a great town to live in. Not far from Lake George and Lake Sacandaga. Lots of fun riding. My daughter in law is from there. She and my son live there now having moved there after college and is one of the reasons I purchased a wee recently. Having a bike that will do on and off road and handle those fun mountain roads is a must. My Harley did not handle them that well. Could be operator error, who knows. My wife and I love going up there to ride.

To anyone planning a visit to the area, a stop by the Eagle Mills Cider Mill in nearby Broadalbin, NY is worth the trip. They have a water wheel driven cider press which is fun to see and while you are there enjoy some cider donuts and apple ice cream.

While you are in the area a visit to the Copeland Covered bridge in Edinburg is a nice ride also. It is the only remaining covered bridge in Saratoga county. Built around 1879 by Arad Copeland and refurbished 2003. Getting there offers some great views of Lake Sacandaga.

My wife and I will be visiting the area memorial day weekend. I will try to remember to get a picture of the new Wee Strom at the mill.

Later,

Mike

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome, my wife is from Gloversville and I am from Little Falls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts